I’ve been having doubts about my Apple //c for months now. After doing diagnostics on my system, I’ve come to realize that my problems were based on bad diskette media.
Back in March, when Assembly Lines became available, I downloaded a copy and was working though it using AppleWin and Merlin 8. I wanted to create a diskette in order to work on my Apple //c, but when I attempted it I could not get all the files copied over to a working diskette.
Now that I’ve narrowed my problems down to bad diskette media, I tried again today. The diskette I was using last time was not DS/DD, it was DS/HD which can cause problems. I spent a couple of hours tonight and set up a working 800k diskette. I started up the Systems Utilities diskette copied the PRODOS and the BASIC.SYSTEM files and then ran the NO SLOT CLOCK utilities to setup the working diskette to work with the clock. I then went back to the System Utilities disk and copied its files to a separate directory on the working directory. Finally, I created a directory for Merlin and copied the two diskettes full of files for merlin into it.
Finally, once the diskette was complete, I made an image with ADTPro to use as a backup.
As a final note, I ordered a hard cover edition of Assembly Lines from LULU.com while waiting for files to be copied. The PDF version was really nice to have available, but there is nothing like having a book in hand.